Sunday, December 5, 2010

HAIL Knockoffs

I make it a point to visit one shoe store in Cubao Expo every time I pay a short visit. They have cheap yet nice ladies' shoes. Some even have Landmark tag prices which they sell for more than half the price. It is where I found the perfect PVC flats.

I told myself a year ago that I will not buy jelly shoes EVERRR. You know those salable jelly shoes you see everywhere? Those, in particular. But then, I found a cute PVC-made flats with a tiny peep toe hole and a bow over the toes. They are the cutest in the planet! I'm thinking they are Vivienne Westwood melissa Ultragirl shoes x Lovefoxxx Numa knock-offs, though. But being a yuppie who just finished college and just started working four months ago without more-than-enough savings, I can settle on forgivable knockoffs.

 REALLY CUTEEE at really affordable price!
 Lovefoxxx Numa x Melissa Ultragirl = rendition of mine

The Lovefoxxx Numa gave me the willies. Most people will surely be initially scared when they see your shoes with two rats on each pair! hah!
This is a collaboration between melissa and Lovefoxxx, the lead singer from the cult Brasilian band CSS (Cansei de Ser Sexy). In line with Lovefoxxx's love of the animal kingdom it features a mouse on the front of the shoe. The mouse is not detachable and is in a different spot on the left and right shoe. ABOUT Directly lifted from HERE

There are A LOT, A LOT melissa shoes to love. Here are a few favorites I would personally want to wear:
 
J Maskrey Vinyl

 or a simple Vinyl


I really am not a fan of winged SB-like shoes but this VW Wing (very Japanese/Harajuku) wedges is the bomb! My problem with this one will probably be its fit on my feet.
VW Zen Girl
I'd wear this everyday! 
VW Mary-Jane. I won't choose yellow, though.
This is the style that started it all for the melissa + Vivienne Westwood collaboration

Just a little somethin' somethin' about the brand, melissa shoes are made from eco-friendly and recyclable mono materials and has been leading an ecological  fashion revolution for almost 30 years. The brand collaborates with top designers namely Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultier, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Edson Matsuo, Gaetano Pesce, Zaha Hadid, Karim Rashid, Campana Brothers, Isabela Capeto, Lovefoxxx, Judy Blame, and J Maskrey. 

Ipanema/Shoe Salon also carries few melissa shoes. No collaborations pieces yet, though.

MORE about melissa HERE.

Images from google.com




5 comments:

  1. Jelly shoes are a big savior...I have been using them for months already...though I told myself that I will never buy one as well...but with the stylish designs...you couldn't say no...to them...

    Kisses
    Sweet
    PensandLens

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really cute.i want one too. following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flats:) soo cute. Follow me back:) www.travelinafashioneuphoria.blogspot.com . tnx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello colleagues, fastidious paragraph and good arguments commented here, I am truly enjoying by these.



    My website - Dr Dre Beats Pro

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving lovely comments. Link your blog and I will try to visit each and every one of them. Follow my blog and I'll follow back. :)

With love,
Nina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...