Monday, July 4, 2011

SUNDAY'S BEST: Memory Lane, Tagaytay City

I pretty much had a jetsetter weekend. ;) <3 Together with friends, I spent Sunday in Tagaytay. We had lunch at Memory Lane despite poor menu reviews I read about the place. :P

Memory Lane is a 50s to 60s inspired restaurant, specialty gift shop, beauty salon, and massage parlor rolled into a country house situated in Magallanes Drive, Tagaytay City. It is a family business owned by  the Magdangal's (read: Jolina Magdangal... Hey Babe! ;))

Her parents and her sister seem hands-on in managing the business. Her sister was in the cashier and her parents were mingling with guests, acquaintances, and family friends when we arrived.
Initial reaction: It's very country!
 Hello bicycling froggy!
 Just really intimate inside.
Old movie posters hanging on one wall...
 We ordered Tagaytay bulalo (660php|good for 4-6 persons already), pinaputok na tilapia (170php|good for 2 persons), and four rice (200php)
We enjoyed the food!! Old blog posts about Memory Lane's food are mostly negative reviews. I guess they already made improvisations on their cooking. :) Jolina's dad even came over to check on us... Despite also some unwelcoming-owners-reviews, ours was different too... 'Daddy Jun' was nice enough to initiate a chat. :)
 Good morning!! Chozz! Bangag pa akech! Parang magbebreakfast lang ang peg!
  I love the witty signages on the wall... Made us read some to laugh on... :) It is here where I got the phrase "Lord, if I can't be skinny, make my friends look fat." In my case, I interchanged the two though... heeh
 Bathroom floors
 Group photo!
There are tables outside/in the veranda too!
Gift shop! Just beside the diner...
Trinkets, etc.
 Lip smackersssss in a bowl
Lotsa country items for sale inside!
The salon
Gazebo on the side 
Memory Lane is really a nice place to hang-out and take photos of :)
 Outdoor grill kitchen inside the gazebo
Anton of Our Awesome Planet said that cooking food in this visually appealing / seemingly nice old school idea might be the culprit of cold food that was served to them. I guess they're not using it anymore, no? ;)

 They also have a function hall/pavillion behind the main place to accommodate big groups/parties/events...
 Cuteeeeee! :*)

Location
Magallanes Drive, Tagaytay City, Philippines
Operating Hours
Mon:11:00 am -  9:00 pm
Wed - Fri: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
 Phone                           09178581950 / 09228298487



8 comments:

  1. Oh cool! Thanks for sharing. I have another resto to add to my list ;)

    Definitely, Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, what an adorable place! it's so my mom's taste! i have to take her there, thanks for sharing :)

    to order the gold kimono, just go to my fb fanpage and fill up an order form, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when blogs have many beautiful pictures about many themes and yours is exceptional love it! i am your new follower hope you can follow me too :)

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting blog. Following! I hope you will follow me. Hello from oregon in America!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! I want to visit them soon! Looks so homey and chic!!! great blog btw!!! :)

    http://daphneglowsinthedark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful place indeed! Wanna follow each other?

    http://absolutelyfaaabulous.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what an amazing place!!! looks like you had a ball!!!
    Come and follow my blog hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a lovely place:) wanna go there too!

    http://thedaydreamerarianne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving lovely comments. Link your blog and I will try to visit each and every one of them. Follow my blog and I'll follow back. :)

With love,
Nina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...