Monday, March 22, 2010

BACON: Blocks Arteries CONsequence


Bacon is good due to the heavenly laden bad fat it contains. Cured meats, such as bacon, contain nitrates which serve as anti-bacterial agents and preservatives which is insoluble in water, making it harder to digest resulting to clogged arteries.

I can't remember the last time I ate bacon. Mom does not approve preserved products. Subsequently, whenever we do our grocery, my brother and I drool over those ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat. There are seldom times wherein we surreptitiously put unhealthy stuff into the cart and when we get into the counter Mom could not do anything anymore since we do that Puss in Boots stare, begging for some junk.

A couple of weeks ago, I craved for bacon. I begged for two 250 grams of bacon packs. I cooked it in the oven and did not put any oil. I let the bacon's fat do the whole thing. I ovened the bacon twice and changed the plate on the second cooking time. Thus, a quite amount of fat still came off (refer to picture above). No wonder it is considered as one of the most unhealthy food.

We all know and are aware that most food that we love are unhealthy and are dangerous to our health. I guess we have to be reminded from time and again that we have to choose what we eat wisely. As the saying goes, "health is not everything, but without health everything else is nothing". Let's take good care of our daily diet and physique and not wait for everything we take in daily accumulate and succumb us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving lovely comments. Link your blog and I will try to visit each and every one of them. Follow my blog and I'll follow back. :)

With love,
Nina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...