Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Movies I can't seem to forget... ROLL, Pop!!!

There are a number of high school chick flick movies which I can't forget due to some parts, lines, a character or two that I crushed on, and the movie simply being adorable. Five out of six, from year 2004...

(1) New York Minute (2004)
Why I wanted to have an "I (heart) NY" shirt... 'Til now, I don't have one, by the way. It materialized as an org shirt, though.  
OH, Roxy Ryan's character > Jane Ryan

(2) Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004)
Lindsay's style here! I appreciated the details on her, those tansans, badges, button pins, hip and gypsy...
'Til now, I can sing her finale number!
'Coz she believes in nothin' else
and you'll look back and you wont believe
That girl was me.
Hrhrhr ;-p
 
(3)  School of Rock (2003)

Personal favorite characters: Summer Hathaway (class factotum), Freddy/Freddie (the drummer, cutest, the angst i love, crush), BUT THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE REAL FAVORITE...
BILLY! The one whom Dewey Finn (Jack Black) called as FANCY PANTS. The band's designer!!! Just because he loves sequins too and he's lines are funny, well, for me... 
These lines made me laugh (thanks, IMDb...)
(1)
Dewey Finn: Now, what makes you mad more than anything in the world?
[sees Billy who has his hand raised]
Dewey Finn: Billy?
Billy: You.
Dewey Finn: Billy, we've already told me off. Let's move on.
Billy: You're tacky and I hate you!
Dewey Finn: Okay, you see me after class!
(2)
Billy: You're gonna talk to me about style? You can't even dress yourself... look at that bow tie.
Dewey Finn: Don't you be talkin' about my bow tie. 
(3)
Billy: Can I be the band stylist instead?
Dewey Finn: Of course you can, Fancy Pants.
(4)
There's also this scene wherein Billy discussed his plans for the band's costume during lunch time to Dewey Finn. He was talking about placing sequins etc. etc., then, Dewey Finn shooed him because "THE MAN" is coming towards him.

(4) Girl Next Door (2004)
was kind of shocked when I saw this one 'coz I thought it's a typical chick flick one, but not really...

(5) Mean Girls (2004)
Who would forget this one...
 Everybody did or wanted to perform a version of THAT Jingle Bell Rocks...
 It's like I have ESPN or something... yea
  
(6) Bring It On Again (2004)
I'm not sure whether or not to include this one. But since everyone raved over the cheers and stunts and mimicked them while feeling bitchy, might as well include it. But, this is more like the case in the shabooya one, Bring It On: All or Nothing.

But who would forget Whittier and Tina's cat fight. Then, a split took place and series of showdown happened to get the "crown".
I ain't sure which Bring It On I liked best... haha! The one with inter-school competition, I think, which one is that? Really forgetful, sorry. And am too lazy to google it.

(EXTRA, CANNOT NOT INCLUDE THIS, not in the 2000s and not chick flick, though) 
(iii) Starship Troopers (1997)
 
Can’t forget this one because of this brain, more like anus monster! …."IT’S AFRAID!!"

Remembered CAYOTE UGLY (2000) and Mighty Ducks (1992) as well. ;-)
 

4 comments:

  1. haha mean girls is one of those classic teen chick flick movies!
    and i was totally watching school of rock the other day! that movie is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa! yez! so many quotable lines from Mean Girls! haha! aww... me too on TV5! haha! that movie is totally cool! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those movies Ate Nina!!! Brings back memories of yesteryears. :)) I remember watching them over and over until i memorize the lines, especially the cheers in Bring it On. :p I watched Statship Troopers as well, but primarily because of my dad. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. KAREEEEL! sign up on blogger too!!! haha! me too! same sentiment here, I've memorized the lines, or, I can make sabay sa lines when I watch 'em... haha! ...Nice! ;) With Starship Troopers, 'coz of my dad and brother as well, I had no choice, but I ended up laughing when I saw the big anus! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving lovely comments. Link your blog and I will try to visit each and every one of them. Follow my blog and I'll follow back. :)

With love,
Nina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...